"...This life is made up of little things-little things that count a great deal. I believe that the little things are of great importance in our relationship with ourselves, in our relationship with others, and in our relationship with God." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Blog Archive

My photo
I'm just your typical girl who loves to lay around in sweats, a messy bun and spend quality time with those she loves. I've learned that it's the little things in life that makes it so beautiful. Even when life gets hard, little things like a smile or a simple "I love you" can make all the difference. I truly believe in this. Never think that your life doesn't matter - it does. It matters for eternity. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And I am a Christian.
I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

a little m.i.a.

sorry i haven't been blogging in a while...life has just kind of been on pause i guess you can say. it's weird to think that this coming tuesday {{valentine's day}} will be my month mark before i report to the mtc. WHERE DID TIME GO!? i got my call around the end of OCTOBER and i thought this day would never come!...okay, i knew it would come but not this quickly. 

lately i've just been a home body. i go out to baby-sit, hit up the mall to try and find more modest clothes for the mission, pin my life away on pinterest {{sorry for the overload tonight all my fellow pinterest followers}}, fb it up, and think about working out but instead just snack all day and not eat meals {{i know, bad, but whatevs}}. going out is fun...but i sometimes don't find a point to. the only time i ever want to go "out" is to go to the temple. that, i can do every night if i could and if i had the gas. 

i feel like some of my friends are being distant to me...and, quite frankly, it's probably my fault haha! but, that's what happens when your friends find great new adventures and move on, right? i just wish this month can fly by so i can be around people who are currently thinking like me: mission mode. that's all i ever want to do buttttt i'm kind of stuck cause i can't really grab a name badge and knock doors. soon...very soon.

i think a big reason why i've been feeling like such a noob lately is because i really don't care to get ready anymore. like really, if i could chill in my sweats all day {{wait...i already kind of do...}} i would. i hardly ever do my hair and as a matter of fact...the only day i've actually done my hair was...HAHA actually zero days this week. okay, that's kind of embarrassing but no point of deleting that statement. i really only get ready when i go to the temple and when i go to church. to be quite honest, what is the point of getting dolled up before you go baby-sit? the chances of you getting something spilt on your shirt or boogers smeared on your shoulders is very likely so it's my excuse to just dress like a bum. aka dress like i rolled out of bed. aka i literally wake up an hour before i baby-sit and go in what i sleep in. on the mission i'm pretty much required to look cute every day. it doesn't say in the manual to do so but lets be real, you kind of have to. so i gotta enjoy my grungy sweats days as much as i can! 

but, one thing that did make my day {{and week}} brighter was this lovely package i got!


yeah, i might of been a little too excited. it was a package from the boy. a super good one too! i think the fact that it came in a legit size box is what made me super excited. i got an adorable plaque from his mom {{i know, sweet right??}}, some a lot of pictures of him and his companions, some cute hand outs with quotes on them, a church movie, a pillow case, and the most adorable letter ever! i feel bad because i only had about 30 minutes to write him a letter in order to get it to the post office {{with his package}} on time so he can get it asap and haha i hope it doesn't disappoint him. i doubt it will. but this package had me smiling the rest of the day. i hear his stories and his experiences and i want that! ughhhh i just want to gooooooooooo. but hey, wanna hear good news?!? well...my family and i just decided today that we are going to DISNEYLAND the weekend i give my talk!....which means i should probably start that talk soon. shoot. 


♥ The Girl Who Hates Getting Into The Shower

1 comment: